The simple power of breath
If we’re a part of this modern society, we’re all familiar with the pitfalls of stress. We face it on a daily basis and yet it sneaks up on us some times. Our bodies feel tense, our minds are clouded with white noise and most importantly our breathing becomes shallower. All of these symptoms of stress can have an adverse effect on our health in the long term. Being stressed, overworked or anxious can all be correlated and they are NOT fun. But here’s the catch – you cannot rid the mental chatter and the anxiety with more thoughts, but only with the power of the breath can you find yourself back in your centre.
Breathing has become so automated that we barely even think about it. In the hustle and bustle of modern society, we forget that breathing not only keeps you alive but also provides a wide array of mental and physical health benefits. Additionally, when you infuse the power of mindful awareness to your breath, you are practicing an age-old healing technique called breathwork.
Shallow breathing keeps our body in the cyclical loop of stress and tension in our body. If you every so often bring yourself back to diaphragm breathing, like how a baby so naturally breathes, then the process of alleviating your stress goes a long way.
Breathwork has been a part of most ancient cultures and been called different names in different cultures. The Chinese call this life force energy Qi, Hindus call it Prana and the practice of breathwork Pranayama and the Buddhists refer to mindful breathing as Ānāpānasati.
Breath acts as the bridge between body, mind and spirit.
Heals the body
- Releases endorphins and relieves pain and inflammation.
- It is responsible for 70% of toxin cleansing within the body.
- Oxygen optimizes organ function.
- Lowers blood pressure and aids relaxation.
Refreshes the mind
- More Oxygen flow to the brain leads to increase in endorphins and decrease in the ‘stress hormone’ cortisol.
- Studies are emerging which show how breathwork helps treat anxiety, depression and even PTSD.
- Mindful breathing carries you to the deeper parts of your mind and helps release trauma, triggers and repressed emotions.
Feeds your spirit
- It connects you to your true essence – your core, all that you are without the human construct of the ego.
- Be fully present in the moment, connecting you to the all.
- Offers the opportunity for gratitude and inflow of the good.
Using tools like full-spectrum hemp oil and CBD products can assist you in your process to reconnect with yourself and support you on your path. Hemp oil and CBD products are natural and holistic ways of reducing anxiety, stress and the likes. They work directly with your endocannabinoid system which works to balance all bodily systems including pleasure, energy and well-being. This can easily get you back on track and remember the power of your breathing when you are caught up in the motions of daily life.
Take the first steps to a healthy and fulfilling life with our products. Buy CBD products and hemp oil online at our store! We’ve got a lot to choose from. Happy shopping and remember to breathe...