Ananga Manjari is a dancer from South America, and has been the ever shining face of Bharatanatyam. With over 20 years of experience in performing arts and 15 years in teaching she is adept in the Royal classical Ballet style, Contemporary dance, basic Tango and Flamenco. Her Bharatanatyam style has the Kalakshetra style embedded at its base.
Ananga started her studies in Bharatanatyam at the age of 4 with her mother Herlinda Gonzalez who is the director of Gopesvara Arts academy in Peru, and pursued her training under the guidance of Gurus Sri Shankar Kandasamy and Smt. Janaki Rangarajan.
She has directed workshops and performed across many stages in the USA, Peru, Europe, Malaysia, and India. She has also been a part of famous festivals like the -“ Natya Utsav” in Chennai, the “Konark festival” in Orissa and the “Namotsav” in Mumbai. She holds golden experiences of performing at various international stages and embassies. Her performance at the Malaysian embassy at Peru and the Indian embassy at Buenos Aires were truly spectacles of awesomeness.
She can teach in English as well as in Spanish, and has a great experience teaching online too. Her methodology is very adaptive, inclusive and changes depending on a particular student.
Ananga lives and breathes her passion for Bharatanatyam and is now here to help you through this amazing art form that is at the crux - an artistic portrayal of life itself.
SYLLABUS FOR DIFFERENT CLASSES
These traditional classical dances are truly art forms that take many years to master and achieve the correct form. This is why the syllabus that will be followed will depend on a student’s capability and pace. Depending on which, classes will be designed with appropriate methodologies. This is to ensure that each student enjoys a proper learning experience.
1. BHARATANATYAM CLASSES
First month sequence:
- STRETCHING EXERCISES
- ALIGNMENT EXERCISES
- BHUMI PRANAM
- HAND GESTURES ASAMYUTA HASTAS (THEORY)
- UNDERSTANDING OF TATTU ADAVU (FIRSTS STEPS
Second month sequence:
- CORRECTION OF THE PREVIOUS EXERCISES
- HAND GESTURES SAMYUTA HASTAS (THEORY)
- UNDERSTANDING OF NATTU ADAVU (SECOND FAMILY OF ADAVUS)
- SMALL SEQUENCE OF HAND GESTURES
Third month sequence:
- CORRECTION OF THE PREVIOUS EXERCICES
- UNDERSTANDING OF TA TEI TEI TAT ADAVU ( TIRTH FAMILY OF ADAVUS)
- HAND GESTURES VINIYOGAS
2. STRETCHING CLASSES
- Starting with a few yoga postures we keep moving to ballet and contemporary stretching that are beneficial for non dancer and for dancers.
3. STORY WRITTEN WITH THE HANDS (YOGA WITH HANDS)
- Communication with hands, an ancient art that is part of the Natya shastra which at the same time have energy points that help the body. We will introduce hastas (ASAMYUTA AND SAMYUTA ) with every Viniyoga to have a deeper understanding of the language of the hands together with traditional and contemporary stories.
Mondays: 7:30 pm -8:30 pm, 6:30 am - 7:30 am.(IST)
Tuesdays: 5:30 am - 6:30 am. (IST)
Wednesdays: 5.30 am - 6.30 am, 6:30 am - 7:30 am. (IST)
Thursday: 7:30 pm -8:30 pm, 5:30 am - 6:30 am. (IST)
Fridays: 5:30 am - 6:30 am. (IST)
Saturdays: 4.30 am - 5:30 am, 5:30 am - 6.30 am. (IST)
PRICES OF CLASSES (BEGINNERS AND INTERMEDIATE):
-4 classes a month ( once a week): 6400 INR
-8 classes a month ( twice a week): 10200 INR
-Single class (trial class): 2640 INR
NORMS TO FOLLOW
- If the student misses the scheduled class, there won't be a refund.
- If the teacher can't take the class she will be responsible for covering the class with the students favourable time.
- Students must dress properly for the class with clothes that allow movement: wear leggings with kurti or a long t-shirt, no shorts or crop tops allowed.
- To begin class, if the student is late there will be 10 minutes of tolerance.
- Please speak to the teacher with respect during the class as profanity won’t be tolerated.